Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Terminator Salvation 
Has a life

If you happen to get a 'free' copy of this, (even though its just a code on a slip of paper) when you buy an Nvidia card right now, best advice is tear it up and chuck it in the bin. The worst part was wasting over 6GB of my 40GB cap downloading it, the game itself is awful and the reviews back this up. Its such a crap game you don't even get to adjust the graphics settings !

Check the reviews out too, they concur.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

It's a game named after a movie. Let's face it, the odds were stacked against it!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I concur.

It took me 3 hours to download it last night... and about 10 mins to wish I hadn't.

I downloaded it for the PhysX stuff... apart from the PhysX stuff doesn't exist.

At least I didn't pay for it (got it free with my GTX260).

It's a game packed with quick time events and invisible walls in the middle of roads.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

I was getting 200FPS at 1920x1200 with a Core i7 920, P6T deluxe and 12gb ram and my new Asus 260 TOP 55nm at 650, 1400 ,2300 (its stock speeds). You don't even get 200fps playing the first half life !

200FPS ? WTF !

The game is probably based on an old SNES game.

I did play it for 30 mins, but the first 29 were trying to work out how to get over the fkin wall in the first scene, which apparently you do by 'ducking for cover' ? WTF ?

Then an invincible terminator turned up and killed everyone, so I deleted it and burned the voucher, so that it may never ever fall into anyone elses hands and annoy them as much as it did me.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:46 pm
Has a life

gavomatic57 wrote:
It's a game named after a movie. Let's face it, the odds were stacked against it!

Riddick is awesome though, the first one I got free with a PNY 6600GT and I loved it.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Frank Parker wrote:
gavomatic57 wrote:

Riddick is awesome though, the first one I got free with a PNY 6600GT and I loved it.

Riddick (Butcher bay & dark athena) is awesome, but it's a character from a movie, not a game based on a movie - Escape from Butcher bay was only ever a game, not a movie. If it had been based on Pitch Black or Chronicles then it may well have sucked, but it was a story in it's own right - a good one at that.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

I heard that Quantum of Solace was pretty decent.. Never played it, but it might be the exception that proves the rule. Or something like that.

=p

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

Angelic wrote:
I heard that Quantum of Solace was pretty decent.. Never played it, but it might be the exception that proves the rule. Or something like that.

=p

It uses the COD: MW engine though :)

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]