Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Skyrim 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

forquare1 wrote:
But I'd need to buy the game and games console

I only ever play RPGs on PC TBH. Well, unless you count Red Dead Redemption as a RPG... Which I don't because I have to keep my autistic nature in check. :D

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

jonlumb wrote:
rustybucket wrote:
My tech still hasn't caught up with Oblivion.

I've been waiting to have the money for chuffing years.
Do you have a machine capable of playing Oblivion at all? If so you're welcome to borrow my copy for a while as I'm rather preoccupied with this other game at the moment!

Ta.

I have the game but not the necessary tech. ;)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 pm

adidan wrote:
forquare1 wrote:

I only ever play RPGs on PC TBH. Well, unless you count Red Dead Redemption as a RPG... Which I don't because I have to keep my autistic nature in check. :D

I don't want to have to buy a copy of Windows just to run it tbh...A TV and XBox/PlayStation would be a more worthwhile 'investment'...I think...

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

Still tempted to go and buy it. PC version as thats where i played the rest, and use the occasional mod.

Pretty much everone I know who plays said go for it.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:44 pm
Spends far too much time on here

forquare1 wrote:
adidan wrote:
forquare1 wrote:

I don't want to have to buy a copy of Windows just to run it tbh...A TV and XBox/PlayStation would be a more worthwhile 'investment'...I think...

You could just download a 90-day trial of Windows 7 Enterprise from the MS website. Even for Skyrim 90 days should be long enough...

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Installing.... 8-)

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:48 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Installing.... 8-)

:-)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.851248,-1.531088

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Having issues with it.

The graphics are amazing and much better than Morrowind. I found the controls okay too but what pisses me off is the entire collecting/using things.

I'm pretty much a hoarder - take everything I can find and then sell it for as much as possible. The more stuff I can carry, so much the better. I found whether it detects me pressing the E key pretty hit'n'miss. At one point I was trying to pick up a book (this is in the torturer's cell right near the beginning of the game). For some reason it would move around with my cursor but I couldn't pick it up! After faffing around, I messed around in the cells and then went back and only then did it register. Ditto with the coin purse I found there.

I also found that using the E key to search sometimes brought up the inventory and I couldn't get out of it without having to click store/equip various items.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Having issues with it.

The graphics are amazing and much better than Morrowind. I found the controls okay too but what pisses me off is the entire collecting/using things.

I'm pretty much a hoarder - take everything I can find and then sell it for as much as possible. The more stuff I can carry, so much the better. I found whether it detects me pressing the E key pretty hit'n'miss. At one point I was trying to pick up a book (this is in the torturer's cell right near the beginning of the game). For some reason it would move around with my cursor but I couldn't pick it up! After faffing around, I messed around in the cells and then went back and only then did it register. Ditto with the coin purse I found there.

I also found that using the E key to search sometimes brought up the inventory and I couldn't get out of it without having to click store/equip various items.

I have heard on twitter from hundreds of people that the game plays a LOT better on pc if you use a Xbox 360 controller to play it.

If you had a wired control I would seriously recommend it.

The menu makes a lot more sense when using a game pad rather than mouse/keyboard. The entire navigation of the menu is done using the control sticks and makes sense moving in and out of menu layers etc...

I've just been mixing all the ingredients I've been collecting and made up an entire lvl just with alchemy :-)

Got some seriously good potions and poisons too! Not used a poison yet though. Will have to load up some arrows with it before opening combat.

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

well I've downloaded the mod to allow use of ram over the 2GB limit and I just need to figure out how to install the No Spiders mod.

Yeah Skyrim was made with the console in mind which is why the entire thing is doing my nut in. I also need to find my optical mouse, or my second optical mouse, or my wireless minimouse.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
well I've downloaded the mod to allow use of ram over the 2GB limit and I just need to figure out how to install the No Spiders mod.

Yeah Skyrim was made with the console in mind which is why the entire thing is doing my nut in. I also need to find my optical mouse, or my second optical mouse, or my wireless minimouse.

what's the no spiders mod?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.851268,-1.530598

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

It turns the spiders into bears/crabs/rats for those who aren't fans of spiders. Like me.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 pm
Spends far too much time on here

There is some combination of double-tapping 'e' to allow you to simply move things about the world. In Oblivion it was done with the Z key but that's not been reserved for the shouts.

Generally speaking I use a mix of the scroll wheel and WASD for navigating the menus and that seems to work well. The scroll wheel in particular works well with the favourites menu accessed by the letter 'q'.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:05 am
Profile WWW

Pointless question really:

Is it pronounced Sky Rim or Skirrim?

Just curious

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 am

Spreadie wrote:
Pointless question really:

Is it pronounced Sky Rim or Skirrim?

Just curious

I pronounce it Sky Rim.

However the NPCs in the game seem to say something like Sky Rm.

i.e. the y is pronounced and strong and the i is almost silent.

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next