Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Company of Heroes and how not to get wasted 
Occasionally has a life

Bought this game and the expansion Oppising Fronts last week in Morrisons. Don't really have loads of time for games but a game at a friends really got me hooked.

I like to play as the Germans, not because of any political belief but because their gear seems to be more logical as if its deployment.

Can just about beat the British on Easy in Skirmish, I get wasted by the Yanks and as for online play, I get 'pwned'.

Tried all tactics, defensive, offensive, using snipers, arty, barricades an I just can 't get ahead. Once I build up a force or tank brigade the machine guns or anti tank units just blow them away. If I barricade myself into a base and use the defensive dcotrine and make loads of tanks, I just run out of resources, if I play 'annihilation'.

Have watched strategy vids and stuff on youtube, still don't have a clue. People seem to be able to produce tanks and arty quicker than me, its a mystery.

Last edited by monkeyphonix on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I get pwned in all strategy games online - I love RA2 and C&C 3 (note: Tiberium wars, not the awful new Red Alert) and Rise of Nations and I get pwned in all of them. However, I don't mind, I figure that someone has to lose and it might as well be me! Unlike some others I get the enjoyment out of playing, not necessarily winning (though it is nice), and I figure losing a game every now and again is good for the soul. :)

Left4Dead however, is a very different kettle of fish. :twisted:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:19 pm
Occasionally has a life

Linux_User wrote:
I get pwned in all strategy games online - I love RA2 and C&C 3 (note: Tiberium wars, not the awful new Red Alert) and Rise of Nations and I get pwned in all of them. However, I don't mind, I figure that someone has to lose and it might as well be me! Unlike some others I get the enjoyment out of playing, not necessarily winning (though it is nice), and I figure losing a game every now and again is good for the soul. :)

Left4Dead however, is a very different kettle of fish. :twisted:

Ah I used to play World in Conflict though and I was a badass ! I used to be very good at it, so the COH thing seems a mystery.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:32 pm
Spends far too much time on here

I've had the same problem with online play on CoH. That said, I have the same problem with online play of just about any game. My theory is that the majority of the people playing online have no life and are consequently amazing at it. I'll never be that good, so I gave up playing online a while ago. Shame, coz it beats AI.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:01 pm
Has a life

I can't stand playing as the Germans, their gear doesn't seem good enough to me.

When I do play as germans though, this is what I do, I only play as germans on the River map (2v2) thats got the two bridges then the cental crossing point.

Hold the crossing point after blowing up the bridges, and get some AT/AA bigass flak cannons in place, along with some MG bunkers.
Also get about 3 Nebelwerfers and then three of the halftracks that you can put the incediary rockets on.

Then just bombard the **** out of the enemy.

Same plan for me when playing as Allies, just get some defense up (17 pounder ATs), and then some of the big Howizters and mobile artillery, and bombard them, then move in with a few tanks and men to wipe up the rest and take the points, or to destroy the HQs.

I always go defensive, as I'm rubbish at organising offensives.
Me and a friend played online about a year or two ago, we were allies playing against some other people, and we ended up having about a 4-5 hour match, which then ended in a stalemate as we just kept defending each others offenses, :D

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]