Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
GAME Preorders 
Doesn't have much of a life

Well GAME are doing an offer where if you preorder any of the E3-announced games you get an extra 500 reward card points. I know it's not that much (£1.25) but if you're going to get the game anyway it's worth it - I just worked up enough points on my card to get a copy of Prototype for £5!

Anyway i'm quite excited.. I've preordered Forza 3, Halo ODST and Halo Reach. Not that I even know what Halo Reach is, but as long as it's not another bloody RTS my order won't be cancelled!

Add to that my preorder of Prototype and my anticipation of the release date of FFXIII and it's looking pretty happy this year in the gaming world for me!

Although I do have to confess that I purchased a copy of the Sims 3 and now I feel dirty =/

Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:00 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I also had to buy a copy of The Sims 3, but thankfully it's for my sister's birthday.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 am

I can't figure out whether or not it's "Software Announced at E3" like they state or merely "Software shown at E3" since they seem there seems to be no indicator other than the big "Preorder This for and extra 500 points" which is pretty vague considering the amount of potential games there.

At first i thought they'd chosen their words carefully and it being only games announced at E3, which would fit the pattern since the main games are Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 (it had teasers but ultimately the only substantial stuff was at E3) and Splinter Cell: Conviction. However Fight Night Round 4 breaks that trend since it was announced and had a quite a few trailers/developer interviews/features a few weeks before E3.

I'm just annnoyed sicne there's be quite a few games i'd be interested in pre-ordering if they had the right bonuses. For example Prototype, Bayonetta, Halo 3: ODST and Reach and Wet off the top of my head.

Also i'd love to know what would happen if i wanted to swap over to the Collector's Edition of said games since technically i'd still have preordered them during the E3 period, just that i wanted a different version that may not have been announced.

I sense a long and convoluted e-mail to Game coming up :(.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 pm
What's a life?

At the moment, I’m feeling cheap*, so I am adopting a policy of buying used games or those on the Platinum label. It’s not like the hardware is going to go out of date if I don‘t buy a game at launch day. Give it a few weeks, and someone will get bored with it and trade it in. That’s how I got Little Big Planet for much less than new.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Either way it's double reward points for pre-ordering games (regardless of E3 status) so it's a bonus, seeing as it's more often than not that GAME is cheaper than the local CEX shop. Obvards there's play.com and the like, but I do so HAVE to have some games pre-release (I usually get my preorders two days before release with GAME).

vdbswong wrote:
I sense a long and convoluted e-mail to Game coming up

I sense a long and convoluted ignore coming up...

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

Angelic wrote:
Either way it's double reward points for pre-ordering games (regardless of E3 status) so it's a bonus, seeing as it's more often than not that GAME is cheaper than the local CEX shop. Obvards there's play.com and the like, but I do so HAVE to have some games pre-release (I usually get my preorders two days before release with GAME).

vdbswong wrote:
I sense a long and convoluted e-mail to Game coming up

I sense a long and convoluted ignore coming up...

That's true and as for being cheaper though, i ususally find HMV online with Student Discount and Cashback normally edges out games 9 times out of 10 anyways and they've delivered on/before release dates as well.

As for Game not replying, most likely, didn't receive any reply today and unless there's going to be some special Game Exclusive Collector's Editions for aforementioned games it just means that they won't get my business *shrug*. If they can't be bothered to reply then i don't see why i should be bothered to buy from them. As i said before, HMV is generally rather competitive with them and what i lose in Reward Card points i gain in Student Discount so it's just a matter of service imo.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Finally got an email from Game today... however it was easily one of the most shocking (as in bad.. not as in surprising) replies i've ever received.

Game Email wrote:
Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your email.

For information on the games we are currently including in this offer please visit our website here:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=11406

The E3 500 Reward Points Bonus ends Wednesday 10th June 2009. The bonus points are only available on E3 2009 software announced titles only. This offer is not valid on any hardware or accessories announced at E3 2009. Points will be added to your account within 14 days of purchase of the full game and not after the preorder.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Craig L

Sometimes i wonder exactly who it is that sends these emails because i swear they didn't take one look at what i was asking and then replied with a generic answer. In my email i made several questions including:

• "I was wondering whether or not you could elaborate whether or not this means games that were actually only 'announced' at E3 or if it extends to all games shown at E3?"
  • "I was specifically interested in whether or not the following games would entail said 500 point bonus: *insert games here*"
  • "Also i was wondering what would the case if i wanted to modify my order before the actual release date should a Collector's Edition be announced?"

All three were not answered at all and have now subsequently lost my incentive/will/custom to preorder... at least from them anyways.

Since exams are over and i have nothing better to do, looks like i can send them a lovely even more convoluted reply...

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Well congrats on getting an answer at all!

But yeah I would like to know the answers to your questions too! >.<

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 am
Profile WWW

Angelic wrote:
Well congrats on getting an answer at all!

But yeah I would like to know the answers to your questions too! >.<

Further update, just received a more helpful but still rather rubbish reply:

Game Email wrote:
Thank you for your email.

As this offer is only available for a limited time it is only applicable to products you can currently preorder, that were announced at E3. This covers all games on this page:

http://www.game.co.uk/E3/

I apologise for any confusion. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

The problem being that whilst they say this, on the previous pages it still states on the previous pages that Fight Night Round 4, God of War 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction are all part of the "offer" which still confuses me.

As well as the different expiry dates for each of the offers on different pages.

And that Halo 3: ODST wasn't actually announced at E3.

This is just stupid imo. I'll pre-order ODST and Reach now but will still have to follow up with a further email.... *sigh*

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]