Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
NFS Shift 
Has a life

Got an email from EA today about this, saw one of the earlier trailers for it, and now after watching the latest one,

Clicky

Is it just me, or does it just look like they've taken GRID, copied it, and then made it less realistic?
It looks practically the same.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Cerberus wrote:

Is it just me, or does it just look like they've taken GRID, copied it, and then made it less realistic?
It looks practically the same.

I thought they'd already done that with Need for Speed: Prostate (sic)

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

Nah, GRID was a much better game than Pro Street was.

I mean, Pro street doesn't even work properly with the 360 controller on PC, the slight wobble in the analogue sticks isn't compensated for, so you have ridiculously twitchy steering, making the speed races almost impossible. It doesn't work properly with the G25 because your either turning left or not, theres no in between, its either straight, or full lock.
I had quite a few problems with it crashing to start with, and after installing the patch, it even made me reinstall windows it got that bad, and I'm sure it did actually break windows.
The customisation is nice in pro street though.

I want a NFS game thats got graphics of Pro Street, The physics/controls of Gran Turismo, the modifiability of Pro Street/Juiced with settings like Gran Turismo, and races like NFS Underground 2/TDU, open ended sandbox style, with races set within it.

Thats my perfect racing game, and who knows, once I've finished my Games Programming Course at uni, I might be able to go to somewhere like Codemasters or something, and make an influence and get a game like this made. I can't be the only one who wants a game like this.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:54 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Dont care about Shift. Waiting for Forza 3 Oct.09. Yipppeeeeeeee!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:25 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Did anyone spot the bug with the beemer. Loses its vinyls for a second and they appear. Lol.

Anyway, looks crap. The thing I loved about NFS:U, U2 and MW was the 'street racing' aspect of it. Racing on a track isn't fun and if I wanted one of those games I'd have bought it.

What I'm looking for is a NFS game where they have the tunability of U2, the exciting cop chases of MW (they were crap in NFS:UC), the open territory of UC/U2, and the exciting feel I got from U1.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I like Underground and Underground 2. I hated the cop chase based ones like Most Wanted and Undercover. I did actually like Pro Street though. Not as much as Underground but way more than the other two.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Did anyone spot the bug with the beemer. Loses its vinyls for a second and they appear. Lol.

Anyway, looks crap. The thing I loved about NFS:U, U2 and MW was the 'street racing' aspect of it. Racing on a track isn't fun and if I wanted one of those games I'd have bought it.

What I'm looking for is a NFS game where they have the tunability of U2, the exciting cop chases of MW (they were crap in NFS:UC), the open territory of UC/U2, and the exciting feel I got from U1.

I'd have liked NFSU 2 but with Most Wanted's looks. I thought the milestones in NFSMW were a disaster. Get yourself chased by the cops for a certain amount of time, then run over some spikes 5 minutes before the time limit and have wasted all that time for nothing.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

gavomatic57 wrote:
I'd have liked NFSU 2 but with Most Wanted's looks.

I hated the washed-out ornage look of MW. I much preferred the vivid colours of U2. What I'd love to see is a 24-hr day so you get daytime and night time. Done at the right speed, would look fantastic.

gavomatic57 wrote:
I thought the milestones in NFSMW were a disaster. Get yourself chased by the cops for a certain amount of time, then run over some spikes 5 minutes before the time limit and have wasted all that time for nothing.

I liked the milestones. Plus if you knew where to hide, you'd be okay.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]