Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
New Hackintosh maker opens shop 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Quote:
Yet another Mac clone maker has surfaced, but this time with a twist: Quo Computer will sell its hackintoshes in its own bricks-and-mortar retail store in Los Angeles.

Register clicky

A quick comment, which is only marginally in relation to this. I wonder that if Apple are told they can't have OS X all to themselves, then they might just go and find another platform to put it on? It could be easier in the long run to do, they'd have a problem immediately with new design and development costs, and with supporting the current batch of Intel stuff...But it's doable, they've done it before!

As to this, good luck to the guy, but if you're breaking an agreement, you're breaking an agreement...Unless he merly sells OS X with the machine, giving instructions on how to install it, then he may be OK I suppose...?

Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

The mention of a display in the price calculation seems a little misleading, at least for the European Market, maybe America is different, but apart from the odd Dell bundle, it is very rare to find a computer bundled with a display over here...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sun May 31, 2009 10:01 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Even in the UK I think most PC's are bundled with a monitor...I've not checked recently, but Dell always used to, and when you go to shops (PC World, currys, small independent shops) they usually sell a complete package...

Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

forquare1 wrote:
I wonder that if Apple are told they can't have OS X all to themselves, then they might just go and find another platform to put it on? It could be easier in the long run to do, they'd have a problem immediately with new design and development costs, and with supporting the current batch of Intel stuff...But it's doable, they've done it before!

My guess is that if - and it's a big if - Apple are "told they can't have OS X all to themselves" they'll just pull the retail version of the OS. In that case the only way to get a copy of OS X onto a hackintosh would be to copy a version from an existing Mac, which would be an easier case to defend than the EULA. Although I think the guy in this story is destined to go the same way as Psystar. I wouldn't be lending him any cash.

Sun May 31, 2009 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]