Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Virgin Rail stops selling the Daily Mail 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42621425

"We've decided that this paper is not compatible with the VT brand and our beliefs"

Putting on a masterclass display of cognitive dissonance, Nigel Farage tweeted: "We are heading in a worrying direction. Banning things because you don’t like them solves nothing."

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:54 pm
What's a life?

If they were only selling 70 a day, across the whole western network, I can understand that it is a product that they wouldn't want to carry any more. It is a waste of space, if nobody buys it...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

I don’t know how much a pile of unsold newspapers costs, but there’ll be a cost to move it. If they are not selling, then that’s a cost they’re not recovering. It might be a few pounds per train per journey, but that will soon add up over a year.

Really, an interesting story, but as many have pointed out, if you want a copy of the DM so much, buy a copy before you set off.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Spreadie wrote:
, Nigel Farage tweeted: "We are heading in a worrying direction. Banning things because you don’t like them solves nothing."

Such as foreign immigrants Nigel?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

TBH I use the DM website to mainly look at comments rather than articles. I used to troll on there but got bored.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 am
Spends far too much time on here

The Guardians view of it ...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -pick-side

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 am

l3v1ck wrote:
Spreadie wrote:
, Nigel Farage tweeted: "We are heading in a worrying direction. Banning things because you don’t like them solves nothing."

Mr Farage is not against immigration neither am i, he is against the EU freedom of movement, as am i ...

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
l3v1ck wrote:
Spreadie wrote:

Mr Farage is not against immigration neither am i, he is against the EU freedom of movement, as am i ...

EU freedom of movement does not mean “you can just pitch up where you like for as long as you like”. No. There are really strict rules about this. After three months, you must leave unless you can prove:

1 - You have a job in that country with an income

2 - You are financially independent - no sneaky claiming benefits

3 - You have health and other insurance

So, no turning up and claiming benefits. That’s how it work,s and it’s enforced in many other EU nations. For some truly bizarre reason, we decided not to either implement these rules or enforce them. Successive governments of all colours have failed to do so. This is a problem of our making, not the EU’s.

Farage has quite happily called for the state banning things he doesn’t like, for example the burqua, so it’s rich for him to start grizzling on about a private company making a choice not to stock something that doesn’t sell very well. The answer to this would, of course be the renationalisation of the railways.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

Quote:
Freedom of movement and residence for persons in the EU is the cornerstone of Union citizenship, which was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. Its practical implementation in EU law, however, has not been straightforward. It first involved the gradual phasing out, of internal borders under the Schengen agreements, initially in just a handful of Member States. Today, the provisions governing the free movement of persons are laid down in Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States. However, the implementation of this directive continues to face many obstacles

as not read in the Daily Mail on a Virgin train.
hmm ...

edit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_o ... pean_Union

Last edited by MrStevenRogers on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
Quote:
Freedom of movement and residence for persons in the EU is the cornerstone of Union citizenship, which was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. Its practical implementation in EU law, however, has not been straightforward. It first involved the gradual phasing out, of internal borders under the Schengen agreements, initially in just a handful of Member States. Today, the provisions governing the free movement of persons are laid down in Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States. However, the implementation of this directive continues to face many obstacles

as not read in the Daily Mail on a Virgin train.
hmm ...

Source, please. If no source is available, I’ll assume you made that up.

In the meantime, here is a source for the EU rules on Freedom of Movement: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/ ... m-movement

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]