Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Microsoft sounds the death knell for Windows Phone 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Microsoft sounds the death knell for Windows Phone

Not a great surprise but I actually like my Windows phone (Lumia 950XL). Will have to decide what to move to next when I replace it, probably next year. :(
While it was bonkers for a desktop PC the tiles interface actually really works well on a phone. Shame.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:34 am
What's a life?

Yeah, I still have my Lumia 950. It is a great phone and I much prefer it to my Nexus 5x... But two of the apps I use every day (Fitbit and WhatsApp) were so unreliable, I gave up.

The Fitbit app complained 2 - 3 times a day that Bluetooth wasn't working and to restart the phone. BT was working, deinstalling and reinstalling the app sorted out the problem as well... But you can't restart the phone 3 times a day. Likewise, WhatsApp would not notify me of any messages, then after 2 or 3 days, there would be a flood of notifications - but if you looked in the app, the new messages were there, you just weren't notified.

A real shame. Windows 10 for Mobile is head and shoulders better than Android and iOS from a usability view point.

I've switched to the MS launcher on Android, it isn't bad, but doesn't have the tiles.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I also liked my Windows 'phone, however there were certain apps, such as Twitter, which didn't play nice on Win 10 Mobile, hence the move back to Android. Shame. :(

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
They were too late to get a good is into the smart phone market.
Many people stick to an os they know. By the time MS had a good mobile os, people were already in the iOS/Android camps.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]