Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Why I gave up being vegan 
Spends far too much time on here

paulzolo wrote:
Blue_Nowhere wrote:
I try not to be 'militant' and enforce the stereotype which the meat and dairy companies try so hard to promote.

My lot are doing that job pretty well without the need for anyone else to promote a stereotype. A lot of the time, those pushing the stereotype are the people who are the stereotype.

I imagine that is true, though in my experience it's not 'a lot of the time'. Most vegans I know hold a similar attitude to myself and there's just a couple who maintain the stereotype. I'm very much of the opinion that we're all free to do as we like, the stereotype mainly seems to be an issue for people who aren't vegan or who are vegan and push the stereotype but are desperate not to.

For all I know though, I might fit the stereotype and if I do I'm not particularly bothered. We're all free to do what we like and much like I wouldn't want someone else's political or religious views forced on me, I don't push my agenda on others. There's plenty of information out there for people who care enough to want to look and for everyone else I say live and let live. I was not a vegan for the majority of my life and it wasn't someone constantly hounding me which made me change, so I don't see it as an effective way of 'converting' others.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Funnily enough, we went grocery shopping over the weekend and swmbo was thinking about stopping drinking milk. I didn't know where this came from but I peered over her shoulder last night and she was following a vegan profile on instagram. There was a lot of negativity around cows, their welfare and milk. It reminded me of PETA.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 pm
What's a life?

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Funnily enough, we went grocery shopping over the weekend and swmbo was thinking about stopping drinking milk. I didn't know where this came from but I peered over her shoulder last night and she was following a vegan profile on instagram. There was a lot of negativity around cows, their welfare and milk. It reminded me of PETA.

I can’t be doing with tea without milk. I’ve tried various types, and it’s just unpalatable. The alternatives to milk just don’t work (my mum uses them, obviously). It’s like drinking black tea which has had some opaque whitener added. I don’t like coffee, so moving to that wouldn’t be workable (things like soya are better in coffee than tea, I’m told). It’ll gets to the point where it’s water or fruit juice. No “hot drink” on a cold day to warm you up. Oh, if you’re about to suggest honey based drinks, then that’s out too. Animals made it via human exploitation.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:

I can’t be doing with tea without milk. I’ve tried various types, and it’s just unpalatable. The alternatives to milk just don’t work (my mum uses them, obviously). It’s like drinking black tea which has had some opaque whitener added. I don’t like coffee, so moving to that wouldn’t be workable (things like soya are better in coffee than tea, I’m told). It’ll gets to the point where it’s water or fruit juice. No “hot drink” on a cold day to warm you up. Oh, if you’re about to suggest honey based drinks, then that’s out too. Animals made it via human exploitation.

Yeah, one of my friends is lactose intolerant so I got some lacto free milk last time they came round. Tea made with it did look a bit odd.
I find hot diluting orange or blackcurrant are both quite drinkable if you want a hot drink that isn't tea/coffee.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
davrosG5 wrote:
I find hot diluting orange .

Best sore throat cure in the world.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:

Yeah, one of my friends is lactose intolerant so I got some lacto free milk last time they came round. Tea made with it did look a bit odd.
I find hot diluting orange or blackcurrant are both quite drinkable if you want a hot drink that isn't tea/coffee.

But, really, though, I want tea.

My wife prefers soya milk in coffee - too much milk can make her feel unwell. So, generally, we let the water cool down a bit. If you don‘t, the drink can curdle. I was also told by one of the people working in Costa once that heating up the soya can achieve the same effect, but it seems rather wasteful to heat up a small amount.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

l3v1ck wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
I find hot diluting orange .

Best sore throat cure in the world.

Sorry that's Whisky and honey and hot water

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2