Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
900 carers quit every day 
Legend

Social care system 'beginning to collapse' as 900 carers quit every day - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39507859

Jesus wept. Those statistics are :shock:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:10 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Having spoken to some of the staff at the Residential Care Home where my other half's father is, I'm not surprised. Minimum wage for cleaning up old people and showering excrement off them is not many people's idea of a good job. Having heard some of their stories I'm surprised and impressed that anyone would do it.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am
Legend

Paul1965 wrote:
Having spoken to some of the staff at the Residential Care Home where my other half's father is, I'm not surprised. Minimum wage for cleaning up old people and showering excrement off them is not many people's idea of a good job. Having heard some of their stories I'm surprised and impressed that anyone would do it.

+1.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 pm
Official forum cat lady

Paul1965 wrote:

My boyfriend's daughter is a part time carer while studying at uni. It seems she really enjoys it and her patients seem to like her as she got lots of Christmas presents from them.

One of my best friends has worked in the care profession for years and loves it. She hates all the mad bureaucracy that goes with the job though. She's also studying one day a week to become a nurse.

It definitely takes a special kind of person to work in that area.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:53 am
Official forum cat lady

This was just sent to me by my mate

Quote:
My chap that's been fleeced the last few years cos of my a'hole manager.... £4.5k refund on care fees (more to come!) And I've helped him sort his pension....owed over £17k in back pay on that

The manager charged for 60 care hours a month instead of 11. Asked my mate to lie to cover it up. The authorities are not taking 'any further action' on the manager.

And we wonder why the care system is [LIFTED] up? If this was a normal business doing this the person would be sacked no questions.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]