Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Inside the TalkTalk 'Indian scam call centre' 
What's a life?

Quote:
TalkTalk customers are being targeted by an industrial-scale fraud network in India, according to whistleblowers who say they were among hundreds of staff hired to scam customers of the British telecoms giant.

The scale of the criminal operation has been detailed by the three sources, who say they were employed by two front-companies set up by a gang of professional fraudsters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39177981

Don’t need to tell anyone here that if someone phones up and starts babbling on about your computer having errors, to just hang up.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 am
What's a life?

Quote:
In 2011, TalkTalk outsourced some of its call-centre work to the Kolkata (Calcutta) office of Wipro, one of India's largest IT service companies.
Last year, three Wipro employees were arrested on suspicion of selling TalkTalk customer data.

Heard of a good few examples of this. Companies outsourcing services that require access to confidential data to India and then, shock horror, the outsourcing company employees get offered multiple times their year's salary to copy that data and give it to criminals. It's worthwhile because in real terms 'multiple times their year's salary' still isn't all that much.

You outsource your stuff to a company that pays their staff peanuts, turns out those staff have no loyalty to you or give a crap about your customer's data. who'd have guessed?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
Quote:
TalkTalk customers are being targeted by an industrial-scale fraud network in India, according to whistleblowers who say they were among hundreds of staff hired to scam customers of the British telecoms giant.

The scale of the criminal operation has been detailed by the three sources, who say they were employed by two front-companies set up by a gang of professional fraudsters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39177981

Don’t need to tell anyone here that if someone phones up and starts babbling on about your computer having errors, to just hang up.

Had in once when I used to live in Sheffield and was "working" from home ;) Had a very fun hr or so chatting to the very helpful man on the phone trying to do what he wanted me to do but somehow failing - in the end he put the phone down on me

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 pm
Has a life

-Romance scamming
-False promises of money
-Apartment scamming
-Job scamming

Isn't it amazing that there are so many ways of being scammed? I really find it interesting to read about how these scammers work and (mostly) get away with things :? https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/serv ... ine-fraud/

I've never been scammed as such, but had money randomly taken out of my account once... has anyone else been scammed?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]