Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Dentists call to end 'workplace cake culture' 
Legend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38491414

It's true, and I'm as guilty as anyone of dishing sweets out... The real issue however is just how depressing working in an office is!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:06 pm
What's a life?

Indeed. "Stop all the fun, it's bad for you!"

Yeah, that's really going to work.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 pm
What's a life?

How bad is the "cake culture" in the UK? It was tradition for the birthday boy/girl to bring in something for the others in the office at most places I worked, but there was no general "cake culture".

At my last place, the woman I shared an office with used to have a big container of Haribo on her desk and everybody used to take from it. I countered with sugar free bonbons.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:31 am
Profile ICQ
Officially Mrs saspro

big_D wrote:
How bad is the "cake culture" in the UK? It was tradition for the birthday boy/girl to bring in something for the others in the office at most places I worked, but there was no general "cake culture".

At my last place, the woman I shared an office with used to have a big container of Haribo on her desk and everybody used to take from it. I countered with sugar free bonbons.

In my office we are about 80, there's cake nearly every day, either birthdays or someone back from holidays. It's ridiculous.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

TheFrenchun wrote:
big_D wrote:

In my office we are about 80, there's cake nearly every day, either birthdays or someone back from holidays. It's ridiculous.

We are about the same size but in teams of 10 - 15 ish so for normal events you only buy for your team (and not all do). when I had my 50th I got stuff (from Patisserie Valerie) for the whole floor

It always goes a bit OTT just before Christmas but doubt we will see much now for a month or so

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 am
What's a life?

big_D wrote:

There always seems to be cake at my wife’s school. The rule is if it’s on the table in the staff room, anyone can have some.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]