Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
President Trump 
Legend

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/tumul ... 47003.html

Fake news!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 am
What's a life?

Europe's attitude to America has certainly changed over the last week.

Last night, the German Chancellor said, that Europe needs to step out of the shadow of a weakened America and take responsibility for upholding democracy and freedom and the other ideals of "the West", now that America is turning inwards upon itself.

Sigmar Gabriel also said that Trump is showing his weaknesses and that his first foreign visit was to a totalitarian regime with too many weapons and that he will supply them with more weapons, which is crazy. He did temper his statement, saying that there are a lot of sensible people in America, but Trump is an elected president.

A former US Ambassador to Germany was interviewed on heute-journal last night and said it is unheard of that the USA has not sent a new ambasador since Trumps election. He also said, that he would not want to be an official ambassador for the USA at the current time.

Trumps physically pushing more senior NATO respresentatives out of the way, so that he could stand at the front of the photoshoot last week also hasn't won him any fans. The press over here just ridiculed him as an attention seeking prat.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue May 30, 2017 4:28 am
Profile ICQ
Has a life

World politics is like a game of Bridge, everyone bidding for the chance to lead.
And just like Bridge, the best bid is No Trump!!

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm
Legend

Paris climate deal: Trump announces US will withdraw - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40127326

Now I personally believe the climate hype is seriously oversold and likely fabricated in a way you wouldn't even see at a school project, never mind with world-leading science, but that doesn't mean throwing the baby out with the bath water...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:01 pm
What's a life?

I think climate change is a thing, but not purely a human made phenomenon. However, industrialised society is certainly putting out enough gases and heat to artificially accelerate the process.

Can we stop it? Probably not, especially with our current technology. Can we do something to slow it down and give us a better chance to survive the inevitable? Probably, so we should try.

I see that the biggest Trump supporter in Silicon Valley, Elon Musk, distanced himself from Trump, saying he would pull out of committees and pull his support of Trump, if the president pulled outof the Paris accord.

Edit: I think I've found the problem, Trump heard "Accord de Paris", and said, "no way, America First! I'm not driving in no [LIFTED] box Honda!"

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

US Tech Industry starts to distance itself from Trump

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/0 ... ave_paris/

Musk has reseigned from his political council position.

Darth Vader's boss also thinks this is a step too far, head of Disney, Robert Iger, has also resigned from the Presidential Council.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:03 am
Profile ICQ
Spends far too much time on here

an elected leader keeping election promises, strange isn't it. but thats democracy for you.

as of the Paris agreement its just that an agreement nothing more or less. not binding on anyone.

well done President Trump ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:50 pm
What's a life?

It is interesting that the USA sind contractually obliged to stay in the accord until 1 day after the next presidential election in the USA.

He can say what he wants, but the agreement is binding until the end of 2020.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
It is interesting that the USA sind contractually obliged to stay in the accord until 1 day after the next presidential election in the USA.

not under US law it isn't. unless EU law is greater (sic). it was and still is an 'agreement' not binding in law ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:16 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

MrStevenRogers wrote:
big_D wrote:

not under US law it isn't. unless EU law is greater (sic). it was and still is an 'agreement' not binding in law ...

It's got sod all to do with EU law. It was an agreement brokered by 195 countries I believe by the UN. The only ones who didn't sign up were Syria and Nicaragua (I think).
Trump can pull the US out of an international agreement that almost the entire rest of the planet has signed up to but doing so isn't necessarily going work out quite the way he thinks.
Even several of the states in the US are dissenting his move and have stated they will be continuing to implement the provisions of the agreement - clickety.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
It's got sod all to do with EU law. It was an agreement brokered by 195 countries I believe by the UN. The only ones who didn't sign up were Syria and Nicaragua (I think).

And Nicaragua only didn't sign up because they thought it was far too weak...

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:26 pm
What's a life?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/9/15770 ... -hatch-act

Dan Scavino, the social media manager in Trump's entourage at the White House, is in hot water for making illegal tweets - he tweeted that Justin Amash is a liability and should be defeated in the primary. That breaks the Hatch Act, which states that those in the White House cannot use their position for campaigning purposes.

He has now been officially warned and any further such tweets could see him facing prosecution.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Profile ICQ

trump/USA is using white phosphorus targetting civilian residential areas in Syria.

Its utterly disgusting that years ago I was posting about all of this and more and I was called paranoid and a tinfoil hat and people made secret society jokes etc etc, and the same sheep are still blind and ignorant... The stuff I was posting about all that time ago is all slowly turning true, I want to see how many laugh when everything rings true.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm

brataccas wrote:
trump/USA is using white phosphorus targetting civilian residential areas in Syria.

Its utterly disgusting that years ago I was posting about all of this and more and I was called paranoid and a tinfoil hat and people made secret society jokes etc etc, and the same sheep are still blind and ignorant... The stuff I was posting about all that time ago is all slowly turning true, I want to see how many laugh when everything rings true.

You've thrown enough conspiracy theory rubbish out that we're well into "monkeys and typewriters" stage of things.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 am
Profile WWW

Id like to be quoted what "rubbish" you refer to

I learnt now the white phosphorus attack on syrian civilians that ISIS supporting US forces did was to make a smoke screen blanket to safely evacuate ISIS forces out of raqqa to keep them safe from Russia etc,

The sheep that actually believe that US is fighting AGAINST isis should be well and damn truly ashamed of themselves.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next