Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The iPhone killer isn't a rival handset - it's O2 
Occasionally has a life

Fogmeister wrote:
I fail to see the point of all these moaners.

Last November I upgraded to my Sony Ericsson C905 with an 18 months contract. That means that In May of 2010 my contract will be finished and I will be released from it's hold.

I wouldn't start complaining if Orange didn't give me the next Sony Ericsson phone for free after having the contract for 12 months.

I wouldn't even think of asking for it (OK, maybe I'd ask but I wouldn't complain if they didn't).

So what's with all the whinging coming from iPhone users? If you wanted the better iPhone then wait until it's out and get it.

We don't want it for free, and you'll find if you were to ask Orange for an upgrade after 12 months in an 18 month contract they would be happy to. But you will find you will need to pay for the phone and take another contract. Which sounds fair, O2 are just saying stuff you you can wait. Missing a trick IMO they could hook no end of people into longer contracts. Never mind.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

Fogmeister wrote:
Last November I upgraded to my Sony Ericsson C905 with an 18 months contract.

Out of interest Oli, did you ever get your issues with the 905 sorted? I've just had my fourth K850i from CPW, although this one is now from Sony apparently.

</off topic>

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm
What's a life?

Fogmeister wrote:

+1.

I figure the reason is because they all want the new/latest iphone and don't care about the contract as long as it's the cheapest until there's a better iphone. I heard about a possible new iphone months and months ago, and held back buying anything until I knew more about it. The main rival (for me) is the touch hd which is another phone I'd also be interested in buying.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm
Spends far too much time on here

At the risk of getting flamed, it worries me a little that Apple have created this much of a frenzy over a product. I'm not saying it's an addiction like drugs, gambling or whatever, but there seem to be a whole bunch of people that need their "new iPhone fix" pretty bad.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 pm
Occasionally has a life

okenobi wrote:
At the risk of getting flamed, it worries me a little that Apple have created this much of a frenzy over a product. I'm not saying it's an addiction like drugs, gambling or whatever, but there seem to be a whole bunch of people that need their "new iPhone fix" pretty bad.

Quick put it in the blender and inject directly into my veins...... aaaahhhhhhh :lol:

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

okenobi wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:
Last November I upgraded to my Sony Ericsson C905 with an 18 months contract.

Out of interest Oli, did you ever get your issues with the 905 sorted? I've just had my fourth K850i from CPW, although this one is now from Sony apparently.

</off topic>

My dad upgraded his iPhone to an iPhone 3G so my little bro Jailbroke his 2G one and I'm using it with my Orange SIM card.

I haven't used the SE in about 3 months. I love the iPhone though.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if there is a firmware update for my SE that would solve a lot of the problems I have. They tend to bring out a few in the first year of bringing out a new phone.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

DaftFunk wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:

Last November I upgraded to my Sony Ericsson C905 with an 18 months contract. That means that In May of 2010 my contract will be finished and I will be released from it's hold.

I wouldn't start complaining if Orange didn't give me the next Sony Ericsson phone for free after having the contract for 12 months.

I wouldn't even think of asking for it (OK, maybe I'd ask but I wouldn't complain if they didn't).

So what's with all the whinging coming from iPhone users? If you wanted the better iPhone then wait until it's out and get it.

We don't want it for free, and you'll find if you were to ask Orange for an upgrade after 12 months in an 18 month contract they would be happy to. But you will find you will need to pay for the phone and take another contract. Which sounds fair, O2 are just saying stuff you you can wait. Missing a trick IMO they could hook no end of people into longer contracts. Never mind.

It is all about managing expections. O2 with there upgrade from the 1st gen to 2nd gen, have given the impression that this would be the way forward with all future iterations of the iPhone. Vodaphone and Orange have had no problems with upgrades after a year on 18 month contracts as long as the contract was renewed. What could be dangerous for O2 is that people coming off there 18 month contracts will go off and find another provider. It is so much cheaper to retain customers than to attract new ones and if O2 lose the exclusivity with the iPhone then im sure a lot of people will just jump straight away. Its the phone people want not the provider.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 am
Occasionally has a life

bobbdobbs wrote:
It is all about managing expections. O2 with there upgrade from the 1st gen to 2nd gen, have given the impression that this would be the way forward with all future iterations of the iPhone. Vodaphone and Orange have had no problems with upgrades after a year on 18 month contracts as long as the contract was renewed. What could be dangerous for O2 is that people coming off there 18 month contracts will go off and find another provider. It is so much cheaper to retain customers than to attract new ones and if O2 lose the exclusivity with the iPhone then im sure a lot of people will just jump straight away. Its the phone people want not the provider.

Spot on, existing customers will remember this when their exclusivity ends and will leave in droves (possibly) I for one will be buying a PAYG and sod them when the contract ends I'll stay on PAYG. And I will be buying them from Apple direct to minimise sales to O2.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

DaftFunk wrote:
bobbdobbs wrote:

Spot on, existing customers will remember this when their exclusivity ends and will leave in droves (possibly) I for one will be buying a PAYG and sod them when the contract ends I'll stay on PAYG. And I will be buying them from Apple direct to minimise sales to O2.

That's the same idea I'm having

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2