Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Nikon lenses 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I'd like a more versatile everyday lens to replace the 18-55 kit lens on my D3200.

I've been looking at 18-105, 140 & 200mm models and, after a spot of reading, the general consensus is a used Nikon/Nikkor is a better bet than a new Tamron or Sigma.

Do the Nikon owners agree? If so, can you recommend any specific retailers for used lenses?

Thanks

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:20 pm

SRS MicroSystems has a used lens selection - I've bought from their Used & Refurb area before, but not for a lens (it was a camera battery), but I've no issue with their level of service.
Wex Photographic also has a used lens selection - though I've not used this service from them before.
If it's any help, my main walkabout lens is the 24-120mm f./4 Nikon lens, which I am very happy with.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, Mark.

I might be forced down the Sigma/Tamron route afterall, but I'll keep an eye on those sites.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:19 am

Couldn't afford a Nikon lens. The only ones available within my budget were very used.

I got an 18-200mm Tamron lens - so far, so good.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:24 pm

I bought a very well used Nikon 80-200mm f2.8. Lots of cosmetic issues and some crap visible on the glass, but to be honest it still performs really well. Superior to much newer slower lenses from cheaper manufacturers.

I would definitely buy 2nd hand again, and if unable to test before purchase I would vet the seller's ebay history well.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]