Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Nikon announces a 360-degree action camera 
What's a life?

Quote:
Nikon just announced the D5, a brand new 4K DSLR flagship camera. But the bigger surprise might be the KeyMission 360, which is the company's first ever action camera — and it shoots 360-degree video in 4K. It's the first action camera in what Nikon is calling a new "family" of action cameras, and likely will be the only one that shoots 360-degree video.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/5/107183 ... a-ces-2016

I like the look of this. I have a Ricoh Theta, which is a small 360/180 degree camera. The quality is a bit too “mobile phone” to make it any more than good for casual use. It’s certainly far less cumbersome than a tripod/bracket/NEX 5N + fisheye lens that I use for more serous shots. There are other limitations - it doesn’t, for example, use BlueTooth - it uses WiFi which rules out using, say, a selfie stick with a BT trigger on it.

What I’m expecting from the Nikon is far superior image quality, and some bells and whistles which will make it more that a novelty - a proper VR camera that will negate the need for brackets, multiple shots in most situations.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]