Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Lightroom 6 

Lr 6 is now available.
This news from a few days ago totally passed me by, but Adobe has released Lightroom v. 6.
Mainly being marketed as Lightroom CC, there's still (thankfully) a stand-alone version of the application.
Main points of interest to me are the speed improvements and the ability to natively create stitched panorama images without the need to utilise a seperate image editing application.
There's also native HDR image creation, for those that use it.
Here's PetaPixel's article on the release.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:13 am
Profile WWW

My first attempt at using the panorama creation function.
I like it. (8+)

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I'm eligible for the Academic pricing scheme, but it only appears to apply to the CC version. Mildly irritating. I'll have to drop Adobe an email and see if there's an academic standalone version.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:29 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I've downloaded the update but not had much chance to muck about with it yet. However, I've got lots of photos from my holiday and a bank holiday weekend to play with them in. I have hopefully got enough from the top of Tour Montparnasse to build a decent panorama of Paris.

ProfessorF wrote:
I'm eligible for the Academic pricing scheme, but it only appears to apply to the CC version. Mildly irritating. I'll have to drop Adobe an email and see if there's an academic standalone version.

The CC photography bundle is pretty good value as a non-academic rate, or do you already have Photoshop as well?

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 am
What's a life?

I'm just not a fan of the CC model, to be honest. I'd rather pay up front for the app and be done.

Charlie Brooker wrote:

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:20 pm
What's a life?

ProfessorF wrote:
I'm just not a fan of the CC model, to be honest. I'd rather pay up front for the app and be done.

+1 here too.

Also, with the demise of Aperture, I am wondering WTF I’m going to do with the thousands of images - many with effects painted in, most have keywords, ratings and other settings - that it’s got in its library. All options so far appear to be exporting everything asa TIFF (baking in the adjustments) and importing those into what ever application I choose to use.

So far, LR has not convinced me that it’s up to the job of taking that raw Aperture data and using it sensibly.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am
What's a life?

paulzolo wrote:
Also, with the demise of Aperture, I am wondering WTF I’m going to do with the thousands of images - many with effects painted in, most have keywords, ratings and other settings - that it’s got in its library. All options so far appear to be exporting everything asa TIFF (baking in the adjustments) and importing those into what ever application I choose to use.

So far, LR has not convinced me that it’s up to the job of taking that raw Aperture data and using it sensibly.

It's not quite that bad anymore.
Adobe's blog:
Quote:
Expected Behavior

The Aperture/iPhoto plug-in is expected to import the following data from an Aperture or iPhoto library into a Lightroom Catalog:

Flags
    Star Ratings
    Keywords
    GPS Data
    Faces (face naming tags are mapped to keywords)
    Rejects (files designated as Rejects in Aperture will be imported into Collections > From Aperture > Photos Rejected in Aperture)
    Hidden Files (files designated as Hidden in iPhoto will be imported into Collections > From iPhoto > Photos Hidden in iPhoto)
    Color Labels (Aperture Only – Color Labels are mapped to keywords: Red, Orange, etc…, including support for custom label names)
    Stacking (Aperture Only – Stacks information is mapped to keywords: Aperture Stack 1, Aperture Stack 2, etc…)
    Aperture project/folder/album hierarchy will be mapped as closely as possible into Lightroom collection sets and collections
    iPhoto events/folders/albums will be mapped as closely as possible into Lightroom collection sets and collections
    Import ‘Full size’ previews from Aperture/iPhoto (optional, off by default), provided that they are up-to-date
    Aperture ‘Versions’ will translate into Virtual Copies in Lightroom (without adjustments)
    Metadata that can be entered in the ‘Info’ panel in Aperture

Information that is not imported into Lightroom:

Image adjustments
    [st]Smart Albums
    Face Tag Region of Interest (face naming tags are mapped to keywords)
    Color Labels (other than optionally as keywords)
    Stacks (other than optionally as keywords)
    Any kind of creation (books, web galleries, etc) other than the collections that correspond to them

Charlie Brooker wrote:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]