Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Now You Too Can Look Thinner! 

Anger after graduation photography company used by LSE offers 'digital slimming' service on pictures
*sigh*

I shot a wedding earlier in the year for a mate and his bride came back with the request asking if I could make all the bridesmaids arms look thinner as they looked too fat and they weren't like that in reality.
I didn't comply with the request.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

People seem to want all kinds of things and I think the internet/media makes it worse - people suddenly have expectations/demands that they don't realise are unrealistic. If the bridesmaids' arms were too fat, the bridesmaids should have lost some weight.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 am
What's a life?

People watch crap like CSI and assume computers can actually do that kind of stuff in real life.

Jon

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:15 am
What's a life?

cloaked_wolf wrote:
People seem to want all kinds of things and I think the internet/media makes it worse - people suddenly have expectations/demands that they don't realise are unrealistic. If the bridesmaids' arms were too fat, the bridesmaids should have lost some weight.

Or the bridesmaids should become comfortable with their appearance and stop subscribing to unrealistic body images.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 pm

paulzolo wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:
Or the bridesmaids should become comfortable with their appearance and stop subscribing to unrealistic body images.
As far as I'm aware, it was the bride that had the issue with the bridesmaids arms, not the actual bridesmaids themselves.

As far as the linked story in the OP, I'm quite pleased to see some of the reactions that got reported on from the people graduating, but the very fact that the service was offered … you just know there will be someone that enquires about it.
If you're that unhappy with the way you look, changing a picture of yourself to look different isn't going to help that.
Sadly body image these days is a big thing (ironically).

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

jonbwfc wrote:
People watch crap like CSI and assume computers can actually do that kind of stuff in real life.

Jon

Wait, Weird Science wasn't a documentary? ;)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]