Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Lytro's New Professional-Grade, Light Field Camera 
What's a life?

Quote:
Two years ago, a little startup called Lytro shook up the world of photography by introducing the world's first light field camera. It hasn't replaced normal cameras, but now Lytro's got a new toy: professional-grade model and software platform. After you see what this camera can do, you'll never look at still pictures the same.

http://gizmodo.com/lytros-new-professio ... socialflow

It all sounds wonderful, though the example on the page leave a little to be desired (but it is a demo of the concept, I know). I’m wondering how you’d add a Lytro file to a regular photography workflow. Will Aperture and Lightroom start supporting it, I wonder?

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 pm

I can foresee a whole layer of complication if Apple or Adobe don't support it.

You take your out of focus pictures, download into the Lytro software where you choose the in focus shot you want. Then you export out to your editing software. If you want to do the fancy animated focal plane change nonsense, then you stick in the Lytro software.

I'm wondering how many people are going to stump up for one of these cameras. Seems a bit niche to me. *shrug*

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm
What's a life?

The article on PC Pro said that it is compatible with Lightroom. But Nokia, HTC and Google, among others all do this in software - the HTC also has a depth sensor.

Obviously the software solutions require a reasonable depth of field to start with.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]