Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Sold Our First Pics!! 
Spends far too much time on here

So Gabi and I had our first real clients this week and they bought eight photos from us! Very excited. Seems there could be money in this photography lark after all.

Have to get the images to the clients and want it to look vaguely professional. Gabi and I don't have a shared domain/site as I have my own domain and she has a wordpress site. I dislike the idea of using a free(g/hot etc.)mail account as I think it looks amateur, but she doesn't want to send from @jameslangridge.com because she's not included in the domain. Ideas?

For a 1.2meg 1280x file email is fine, but if they want hi-res I'm inclined to think that a download link would be better. Would really appreciate your input guys.

Also, having a great time and really enjoying working at the photos and improving my vision, technique and process everytime I go out :) Thanks for putting up with me when I was deciding.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I have a friend who does professional photography, and although he does have a website he doesn't deliver photos over the interwebs.

He sends a CD. That way people get something physical for their money, and you can make it look as pro as you want.

Alternatively, think of a cool domain name and register it now. You should be able to email in a few hours, and a .co.uk should only cost you about £2 a year.

Congratulations by the way, a good start to the new year!!

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile WWW

Well done fella! Buy a new domain name as JJ suggested and have a look at something like ClikPic to get a site up and running with your images (£40 p.a.)

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

Thanks guys. Most people are just buying a handful, so a CD seems wasteful to me and why increases costs when I don't have to. But still considering those suggestions and a couple others.

In the meantime, I just wanted to report that this past week we've sold enough photos to pay the rent, eat AND save a tiny bit. VERY, VERY excited! I'm looking forward to getting up every morning and we've just had the most fantastic week with some wonderful people. My skiing is improving, so is my photography and for the first time since we got here I really believe this can be an actual "job" :)

Thanks for all your support and look out for a new blog post or two over the next few days with more detail.

For anybody who thinks there's no money in photography, or have had other people tell them that, they're wrong. You just need to find the right market! I've no doubt all of you are better photographers than me and I would love to see your work get more recognition. Go forth....!

</little bit excited>

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am

Goodnews. :D

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 am
What's a life?

Good news indeed!
My own lil bit of good news - in February, a performer is flying in from China (she's from Yorkshire) for 10 days, and she's got a couple of outfits that she's never been photographed in.
Guess who's doing the shoot? :D 8-)

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]