Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Shooting indoors 
What's a life?

Went to the work's Xmas do last night. Tried taking some pics but really struggled to get decent focus. The strobing lights really didn't help. Using the built-in flash lit the room up really brightly - to the point where the walls were white. Trying to open up the aperture to F2.8 and using shutter priority helped with the image but because people were dancing, everything came out blurry.

Also tried to take some macro shots and "bokeh" shots of the lights in the background:

I think indoor photography is something I'm going to do lots of, so would be grateful for general advice.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:48 pm
Spends far too much time on here

I don't know much about digital cameras, but in the chase for evermore megadoodahs to make the camera appear better, I suspect the key is to spend money as the more expensive cameras will have better high ISO ability. I say this as I have a reasonable lens and slr, but the higher you set the iso, the worse the image.

Scanners are/were similar in that you could get something with enormous resolution, but dynamic range was where the quality of the scan was at. You'd pay thousands (or more often tens of thousands) for decent dynamic range.

A Mac User.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]