Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Ricoh K fit lens to Sony E Fit 
What's a life?

Last year, in a VAT rise beating move, I lashed out on a new video camera - a Sony NEX VG 10. Say what you like about Sony, this is one fantastic camera. The big draw is the fact that it uses E fit lenses - so I am not stuck with the optics the camera comes with.

So in the last few months, I have been getting more adept with it - and I am wanting to try other lenses. What I could do is buy an adapter that connects my canon lenses to it. However, like all modern lenses, there is a problem - the aperture is electronically controlled, and adapter rings currently do not pass on electronic communications. Your lens will go on the camera with the aperture wide open.

Some adapters have their own aperture controls, but these won't work with the EFS lenses. I specifically want a macro lens - my only Canon lens with that facility is EFS - so no dice.

However, I do have my old Ricoh KR-10 camera, and its lenses. These have manual aperture controls and so pressing these into service would be a good idea. One has a macro facility, the other is a 35mm prime.

The question here is what is the best way to hook these lenses to the camera? Any suggestions? I've seen a method that involves using two adapters - 4/3 > to E fit with a K fit > 4/3 (this seems to just convert the thread in the lens and adds nothing to the lengrh). Just wondering if there was something more elegant.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Duct tape?

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 pm
Has a life

This should work.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:43 pm
What's a life?

andytw wrote:
This should work.

Oh - thanks. I’ll check those out.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 pm
What's a life?

Got one on order.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:05 pm
What's a life?

It’s here - and my lenses fit nicely, and appear to work nicely with the camera. Now all I have to do is work out how that Macro bit of the lens works (so far, it seems to work in much the same way as the camera kit lens). It also plays nicely with the 35mm prime I have too, so all is good.

I’ll post some results when I’ve done some playing. Bringing life to two old lenses for £20! :D

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm
What's a life?

OK, so the old lens with “macro” on it doesn’t do the ind of Macro I am after. However, it does have the advantage over the kit lens that it doesn’t lose f-stops as you zoom in (the kit lens telescopes and f-stops vanish when the tube lengthens). So having two second lens available will be useful when f-stops matter.

However, I have had the opportunity to hook my camera onto my sister’s lenses. Her partner was keen to see how the video camera worked with some of their more specials lenses (a very bright 400mm zoom being one). He bought a Nikon adapter, and the video camera worked really nicely with it. I did find that the Tamron 90mm Macro gave the close up images that I wanted, so that’s on the shopping list now (too many things on the shopping list now, eek).

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]