Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Everything old is new again. 
What's a life?

gavomatic57 wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
gavomatic57 wrote:
It felt like it had so much more soul than a digital SLR.
It's an inanimate object. The only 'soul' that it possessed is what you imbued it with.
I have a film camera here, a Pentax MV1, if I wasn't keeping it for sentimental reasons (it was the very first camera that I ever owned) I'd've posted it off to Alex by now! (8+)

Mark

I know it is, but when you see an old Russian bit of technology like a camera, it makes you wonder what it has seen in its long life - at least I wonder...
Harsh winters, enormous untouched habitats, civil unrest, abject poverty, maybe. Then I do occasionally question my sanity!

A number of years ago, there was this piece of kit which looked like a normal film, but was actually a CCD and a lump of RAM. It would sit in any SLR and make it digital. Sadly, it never appeared. Slapping one of those into an old Zenit would have been a great experiment. Sadly, it never saw the light of day past prototypes.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 am
Occasionally has a life

timark_uk wrote:
I have a film camera here, a Pentax MV1, if I wasn't keeping it for sentimental reasons (it was the very first camera that I ever owned)

Mark

Not my first camera but mine is still in good nick too 8-) Also still have my B&W developing equipment,though the the enlarger is for coloured film.

Really should make use of it, at the mo' its all up in the attic gathering dust.Not really then way it should be treated after all the hours of enjoyment it gave me in the past :oops:
If i wasn't such a lazy sod ......

Should do something with it....

yours wecrookie :shock:

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:02 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
A number of years ago, there was this piece of kit which looked like a normal film, but was actually a CCD and a lump of RAM. It would sit in any SLR and make it digital. Sadly, it never appeared. Slapping one of those into an old Zenit would have been a great experiment. Sadly, it never saw the light of day past prototypes.

Silicon Film Clicky

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:01 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

veato wrote:
paulzolo wrote:

Silicon Film Clicky

That was it.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm
Spends far too much time on here

The best photographer that we always used hasn't gone digital and has pretty much gone into semi-retirement as a result. We now use a photographer who's not as good, which is a real shame. I wish we could still use the old photographer, but with the extra cost of materials and the fact that our drum scanner's broken, it's just not viable.

A Mac User.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2