Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
A larger case 
What's a life?

When I bought my G12, I bought a Lowepro 60AW. This would fit the camera, a battery and a memory card. I've now got a small flash, two filters and a filter adaptor, and a remote release cable.

I'm looking at larger cases. Is it worth going for another lowepro? I'm looking at the Apex 100AW to keep all my stuff in. Any recommendations?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 pm
What's a life?

I came across Lowepro, when I bought a new bag for my EOS550D. I ended up with a Slingshot 202AW, which is excellent. The single strap looked odd, but when I tried it, it was brilliant, swivel the bag around the shoulder and the pocket for the camera comes into position in front of you, pull the camera strap out and over your neck, before removing it from the bag...

It has space for flash, a couple of additional lenses (long telephoto or zoom lenses are a bit more awkward, but you can change the layout of the separators in the main compartment as they are all velcroed into position. Then there is an additional pocket at the top for "other" things. There is also a strap on the side for attaching a tripod. Finally, it has a waterproof hood, which rolls up into the base of the bag in a zipped pocket.

Small bottles of water also pass nicely into the top pocket.

I bought it in Brighton and could throw out my old camera bag and put my "bumbag" in my suitcase and transfer all my travel documents into it.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I'm a sucker for Crumpler bags and have everything from a HUGE one that fits all my equipment (including laptop) to a medium sized one for day trips and a couple of smaller pouches for compact cameras. The prices on Amazon aren't that bad either.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I've got an Apex 60 AW for my G9 and it's been very good. Wouldn't fit all the gear you've got but if it goes into the 100 then I say go for it.
Can you try it out in Jessops or somewhere first to make sure everything actually fits?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:09 pm
What's a life?

^^^Yeah, that's what I wanna do. I love the Apex 60 AW. Spare slot for memory card and battery, shoulder strap and "all weather" covering.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]