Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
+1 +2 +3 
Occasionally has a life

Hi all,

Just bought a 62mm +3 for my macro lens. I'm just experimenting on trying to get higher magnification. Would I be better off combining these filters or would my money be better spent on a set of extension tubes? I must admit these filters are quite cheap in comparison, but is there a trade off in quality.

Also, the DOF is painfully narrow with the +3, bit of a n00b question but is there an easy way to increase the DOF? Just increase the F number?

Thanks all. :)

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Every time light passes through a glass/air boundary some of it is lost, so the more boundaries you have the more you lose. Not a good thing if you want a fast shutter, but something extension tubes can avoid.

Decreasing the aperture may increase depth of field but again slows the shutter. If you are photographing something which doesn't move with a tripod then you ahould be able to focus stack, basically taking several images of the same object and merging them together so that all areas of the object are in focus.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]