Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Do you have an LG TV e.g. LG3000, LG4000 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

If so did you know you can enable video playback on the USB slot (commonly available on the more expensive models) including HD, mkv, avi , etc?

I have the 42LG4000 and I only has the option to view photos and listen to audio via USB. What I did today was turn the TV on, hold down the OK button on the remote and the OK button on the TV at the same time until the service menu comes up. From here go to tool option 3 and on the DivX menu change the option from 'off' to 'HD'. Sorted!

Sorry if you already knew this.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

Unless I'm mistaken you can only do it on the 4000 which has a side USB. The back USB on the 3000 is an engineer port which I didn't think was linked up to the right bits to work as a media usb port.

Did you remember to choose the input resolution? You can make it playback 1080p Divx.

Nietzsche wrote:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm
Legend

veato wrote:
If so did you know you can enable video playback on the USB slot (commonly available on the more expensive models) including HD, mkv, avi , etc?

I have the 42LG4000 and I only has the option to view photos and listen to audio via USB. What I did today was turn the TV on, hold down the OK button on the remote and the OK button on the TV at the same time until the service menu comes up. From here go to tool option 3 and on the DivX menu change the option from 'off' to 'HD'. Sorted!

Sorry if you already knew this.

I have a 3000 but have never plugged anything into the USB port (can't even remember if it's at the back or the side), maybe try tonight... Thanks for the tip even if it doesn't pan out anyway ;) :D

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 pm

All the info I read suggested you can do it on the 3000 series too. I've never tried though so couldnt say for sure.

At the minute I've also only tested DivX .avi at SD resolutions. I only activated the feature today and dont have anything 1080p to try.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

veato wrote:
All the info I read suggested you can do it on the 3000 series too. I've never tried though so couldnt say for sure.

At the minute I've also only tested DivX .avi at SD resolutions. I only activated the feature today and dont have anything 1080p to try.

You can DL some clip off the DivX website, they look great, better than BD.

Nietzsche wrote:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Cool, ill do that now.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

Hmmm, seemed to hang trying to play an mkv (1080p) downloaded from DivX. It could be me being impatient though too.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

veato, I've tried holding down both OK buttons as you and others elsewhere have suggested, but all it does is give me the usual bit about what channel I'm watching, resolution etc - no actual menu system (there's pics of the menu system around the net).

Reading around, it seems it's because I'm on a newer version of the firmware :cry:

The only real option seems to be to buy a service remote. That might not even work :oops:

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Not to sould retarded but it took me ages to get it right. I was pressing both buttons and nothing was working. I was going mad. Then I got the knack. I'm not saying that whats happening with you but I had difficulties. I have it on the HDMI channel input and press both at the same time and keep them held in.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Legend

veato wrote:
Not to sould retarded but it took me ages to get it right. I was pressing both buttons and nothing was working. I was going mad. Then I got the knack. I'm not saying that whats happening with you but I had difficulties. I have it on the HDMI channel input and press both at the same time and keep them held in.

I tried it on the HDMI channel (my PS3 channel essentially ;) ), but I'll give it another go or on one of the 'blank' HDMI channels, cheers! :)

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:29 am
What's a life?

Got similar functionality on my Samsung TV. A USB stick (or HD) can be plugged into a side USB port and content can be displayed.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]