Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Headphones 
Doesn't have much of a life

I need some new headphones.

They don't have to be fantastic, they are going to be used when I'm listening to music or watching TV on my iPad. However I do have some fairly specific needs.

1. Earbuds DO NOT fit in my ears. I've tried many different designs at all sorts of price points over the years and none of them fit in my ears. Either they fall out or they simply don't seal well enough to eliminate any background noise. So please don't recommend me any earbuds.

2. They need to be small and lightweight. The huge headphones that are currently popular are simply too big for me. Not to mention the fact that they look like those crap headphones from the 70s. All that is missing is the curly lead!

3. Must not be too bassy. I find anything with even an average amount of bass tend to make the soundtrack and sound effects in TV programmes louder than the dialogue to the point where I can't understand a word that anyone is saying.

4. They should not have a headband that goes over the top of my head. I'm lucky enough to not only still have hair but also a hairstyle. I don't want anything that will mess it up.

Many years ago I had a pair of Sony sport headphones that had a band that clipped over my ears and went around the back of my head. These were the ideal headphones for my needs and I've been looking ever since for another pair the same. The current Sony range has this model which looks like it might be a suitable replacement, except it appears to be bluetooth only. I don't need bluetooth. IMO it's completely unnecessary. I'm perfectly happy with a wired connection, and also it won't run down the batteries in my iPad so quickly.

So does anyone know of a pair of headphones with a similar design to those above that don't deliver too much bass and are wired?

Mon May 23, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

What about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Stereo-He ... B0006B486K

Tue May 24, 2016 11:04 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Thanks! Those definitely meet my requirements. However I've managed to find a pair of NOS Sony headphones that are very similar to what I had before and have ordered some.

Tue May 24, 2016 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]