Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
In-car DVD players 
Doesn't have much of a life

I'm about to embark on a rather long journey. My current Head Unit is a Sony Xplod - great if you have aftermarket 6x9s, 12cm door speakers and a 19" Subwoofer. However seeing as my new car is much more mature than my little old chavvy thing I decided not to do that to this one so i'm stuck with the standard Renault speakers that came with the car.

I'm looking to get a DVD player which has the screen in the dashboard, like those ones that flip out and upwards. If at all possible it'll be tiltable towards the passenger side, though if not i'm not too fussed as the location of my headunit means it won't be much of a distraction.

The thing is it definitely has to have ipod integration. None of this Aux cable nonsense, I want to be able to control it using the head unit as i've got nowhere to mount the ipod and can't be dealing with the little fiddly wheel that always overshoots and that I can barely use unless it's flat on a desk (yeah you've guessed it, my current head unit I can control the ipod and that's basically all the use I get from the thing).

Anyone recommend a good headunit? My budget is "as low as possible" and I don't mind second-hand if anyone's seen an ad up recently, however at a push i'd stretch to £300.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]