Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Café hardware... 
What's a life?

My girlfriend works in the kitchens of a nursing home. They are opening a café on the premises and need a CD player with amplifier. Their GEMA (German equivalent of the PRS) licence only allows them to play CD (MP3 also acceptable), no radio, so they need a CD player or MP3 player and/with amplifier, but the amp can't be a receiver...

Anyone got any recommendations for a good, but cheap, amp and player combo. I'd be interested in a good MP3 player/amp combo.

What is there, in terms of MP3 components? Can they be easily loaded with music? MP3/CD player?

My gf has been given the task of finding a player and amp. The boss said CD, but looking at the licence, MP3 is also allowed, so I was thinking some form of MP3 would be better, as they can set it going in the morning and leave it running all day, without having pop out and change the CD every hour or so...

Would a portable MP3 player, with the relevant cables be a better option? She (I) could then set up playlists at home and copy music to the device - they don't have a computer in the café and I doubt they would be allowed to load up one of the nursing home PCs with music...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 am
Profile ICQ
Spends far too much time on here

I would have thought one of the 'docking station' variants would be the best bet. There are some relatively inexpensive options out there, and I suspect that anything else is going to up the price quite a bit.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

They've gone for a mini hi-fi with CD player, MP3 is too complicated, nobody will be able to use it... :?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile ICQ
Legend

big_D wrote:
They've gone for a mini hi-fi with CD player, MP3 is too complicated, nobody will be able to use it... :?

Don't suppose it's got a port for the future?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]